Tuesday, July 27, 2010

24th of July...

What a great month July is!! I have always thought the fourth was fun with fireworks and the Stadium of Fire and such things. But I never really appreciated the 24th and Fiesta days until I got married and moved to Spanish Fork. I have decided that the 24th is one of my favorite holidays. I love the rodeo, parade, BBQ's with the family and the fireworks. Last year we didn't really do anything for the 24th because our kids were brand new but I think we kind of lived it up this year. I started off the holiday weekend on Thursday by going swimming the Whitney and Katie and their cute little girls. It was fun to catch up with them and play in the water, which Ashton and Addy loved.



Friday night we went to the rodeo with Jesse's family. It was tons of fun and the kids were completely entertained until the got too tired and crashed.











Saturday morning we watched the parade. I can't say that Ashton and Addy were too interested but it is always fun to see the floats and hang with the family.








When we got to the parade we found out that Jesse's little sister Brittney had gone into labor and was at the hospital. Her due date was the 24th and she went into labor on her own. How often does that happen??

After the parade we headed over to the Jesse's sister's house for the BBQ and pool party. The food was good and hanging out with family was way fun. We kept waiting for the news that Brittney's baby had arrived and took bets on how much he was going to weigh. So, finally, Ritter Kyle Durfey was born around 5:00 (I don't remember exactly what time), he weighed 7 lbs 3 oz and was 18 in long. Jesse guessed the weight right on. Bummer I forgot the camera for Brooke's house. After the BBQ we went home and relaxed for a while before we headed out for the fireworks. The babies fell asleep on the way there so me and Jesse and Jordan and Karen sat in the back of Jesse's truck and watched the fireworks. The fireworks are always my favorite. It was such a fun day and it is definitely one of my favorite holiday.

1 comments:

Ty, Whit & Bree said...

We definitey love the 24th too. What would our world be without it??? Your kids are the cutest. We need to get together again real soon!!!