Well it has finally happened, our babies our here. They joined our family on Tuesday June 30th. I went in for my twice weekly stress test and the nurses were like your 38 weeks and two days lets call your doctor and get you induced since I was supposed to go to his office after the test anyways. Well I called Jess and was like instead of meeting me at the doctor's office you just need to come to the hospital because they are going to start me. So we got checked in to the hospital and by 6:00 they had started the pitosin and I got to lay in bed and wait. About 11 the nurses said that Dr. Dewey would be by to break my water sometime in the next hour and up until this point my contractions had been really mild and I was in practically no pain. Around Midnight he came and broke my water and I was dilated to like a three or four. After that the contractions started coming. About half hour later I had an epidural and was able to sleep for a while. By 2:00 I had dilated to a six and by 3:00 I was fully dialted and we were ready to start pushing. Since I was having twins I had to be moved to the Operating Room in case they had to do a c-section. We got to the OR and I pushed for a little while and Ashton was born at 3:52 am. Dr. Dewey then broke my water the second time and Addyson was born four minutes later at 3:56 am. Ashton weighed 5 lbs 12 oz and was 19 inches long. Addyson was 4 lbs 10 oz 18 inches long. they went to NICU for about an hour and then they were able to be in the regular nusery for the rest of the time and come home on Thursday. They have been such good babies since we brought them home. They lost a little too much weight while in the hospital so we have to wake them up every three hours to feed them so we feed them and then they sleep. They are so precious and I can't imagine not having them both. We are so lucky that they were healthy and strong and that they got to come home with us. It is so fun being parents. Here are some pictures of them so far.
After the delivery and back in our room. Everything went so good and it was much easier than I expected. Jesse was such a great support and helped me through the everything.
Our precious bundles after they were out of NICU and I got to see them for the first time.
The Proud Parents!
Ready to come home, Thursday July 2
They were so tiny that they have a hard time in their carseats. Someone has to sit in the back seat with them to make sure they don't slump over and not get enough oxygen.
Two Days Old
They love to sleep, in fact that's what they 20 out of 24 hours. Boppy pillows are the greatest.
Three Days Old
Daddy's getting the hang of this!
Four Days Old
Today was the 4th of July and we dressed them as festive as we could in preemie clothes! They actually had their eyes open long enough for me to get some pictures of them.
14 years ago

1 comments:
Congratulations! I'm proud of you, you made that seem easy! They are both so cute, i can't wait to see them in person :)
Post a Comment